Want to be in the parade?
Reserve your space today!
See application below.
IMPORTANT! Be sure to read all Parade Rules and Regulations and Safety Requirements before submitting your application.
Want more information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parade Chairman: Rob Jaehnig
Contact phone: 937.728.6557
Contact email: email@example.com
- Do you have the resources to create a great float, but need some ideas? Do you have a great idea for a float, but need the resources? Let us make a match! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade Rules and Regulations
- This is an illuminated parade. ALL entries must be well lit.
- There is a maximum of 80 entries. Applications will be evaluated for acceptance based on theme, entertainment value and use of lights (clear and/or colored).
- Application deadline is Saturday, November 19, 2016. Applications will not be accepted or considered after entry deadline. Entries not pre-approved will not be admitted into the parade.
- The HoliDazzle Parade Committee reserves the right to reject any entry that is not in good taste, is inappropriate, or is not in the best interest of the parade.
- Entries depicting a political organization, candidate or controversial issue will not be considered.
- Maximum height for entries is 13.5 feet from ground; maximum width is 9.5 feet.
- All entries should be properly identified with signs or banners with each organization's name and the Parade Identifying Number clearly displayed on the upper right corner of your entry. A holiday message is suggested -- NO sales messages.
- Drivers of motorized vehicles must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
- Sirens and horns can only be used with advance approval of the Parade Committee (they frighten young children and animals and compete with musical units).
- A maximum of 100 walkers is permitted with your entry; maximum does not apply to marching bands.
- Equestrian and other animal entries must provide their own accompanying cleanup personnel and equipment. If you have a vehicle, carriage, etc., it must be well lit in keeping with the illuminated theme.
- All parade participants are required to conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to infringe on the rights of those people living in and along the staging areas of the parade route. NO solicitation is allowed during the event.
- The HomeTown HoliDazzle committee will be hosting Santa and Mrs. Claus. No other entries may include a live Santa or Mrs. Claus.
- The City of Wilmington law prohibits throwing items in a parade. Objects MAY NOT BE TOSSED out along the entire parade route or in the staging area; this includes candy, flyers and trinkets.
- There will be no fueling of generators during the parade. Fuel cans are not allowed to be stored on the entry.
- There will be no live fires (including wood stoves) on any floats.
- One current 5-pound ABC dry chemical extinguisher must be carried and accessible on each float.
- There are to be no vision obstructions to tow vehicles. An observer other than the driver is required for all towed entries. The observer can walk or ride with the entry.
- Electrical problems are a concern. During parade staging, safety inspectors will look for common hazards such as exceeding the number of light strands per manufacturer's specifications, faulty extension cords, staples in wiring, etc.
- Float riders must remain on the float throughout the entire parade route (i.e., no one can get on or off the float during the parade).
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the staging area, during the parade, or to be dispersed.
- No smoking on or near entries.
- Please place your generators in a well ventilated area on your entry. We recommend the use of 10-12 gauge wire to the generator.
- Any violation of the rules or safety requirements may result in removal of the unit from the parade.